If you have bedbugs, you want them gone fast! Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of bedbugs, so you can sleep soundly again.
1. Call a professional exterminator. This is the most surefire way to get rid of bedbugs. A professional will have the tools and expertise to find all the bugs and eliminate them quickly.
2. Vacuum regularly. Vacuuming is a great way to remove bedbugs from your home. Be sure to vacuum all areas where bedbugs could be hiding, including furniture, mattresses, and carpets. Regular vacuuming will help keep the bugs from coming back.
3. Wash all your bedding in hot water. Bedbugs can’t survive in hot water, so washing your bedding in water that is at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit will kill the bugs.
4. Use a steamer on your mattress and furniture. A steamer can reach high temperatures, which will kill bedbugs and their eggs. Be sure to steam all areas where bedbugs could be hiding, such as cracks in furniture or along the seams of mattresses.
5. Freeze items. If you can’t wash or steam an item, you can try freezing it. Bedbugs will die when exposed to temperatures below freezing. Put infested items in a plastic bag and place them in the freezer for at least two days.
6. Apply diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth is a natural product that can kill bedbugs. It works by puncturing the bugs’ exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate and die. Apply diatomaceous earth to infested areas such as cracks in furniture or along the seams of mattresses.
7. Use a bug spray. Bug sprays can be effective at killing bedbugs. Look for a spray that contains pyrethrins or permethrin, which are insecticides that can kill bedbugs. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label when using a bug spray.
8. Dust with boric acid powder. Boric acid is a powder that can kill bedbugs when they come into contact with it. Apply boric acid to infested areas such as cracks in furniture or along the seams of mattresses.
9. Place traps. Bedbug traps are small devices that you can place in infested areas. The traps lure bedbugs in with a food source, and then the bugs get stuck to the trap. Check the traps regularly and dispose of them when they’re full.
10. Try a natural remedy. If you prefer to use natural products, there are several options that can kill bedbugs. These include essential oils such as tea tree oil and lavender oil, and herbs such as eucalyptus and mint. Be sure to follow the instructions on how to use these remedies, as some can be toxic if used incorrectly.
following these steps will help you get rid of bedbugs quickly and effectively. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to speak with a professional exterminator.… Continue reading